Apple (iOS) and Android Save to Home
The address bar and the menu bar on Safari on iOS can chew up a lot of real estate, especially if you have a smaller screen like on the iPhone 5 or Nexus 5 phones.
Until we release our native app for iOS and Android, this tip will allow you to have an App-like experience with Aerēz.
Here we'll show you how to save the Aerēz Web-app to your home screen so that Aerēz looks more like an app.
- Open up Safari and load app.aerez.net
- At the bottom of the screen, you'll see an icon with an arrow painting away from a square. Tap that.
- Tap ADD to Home Screen
- Choose a name for the home screen icon
- This will also work on your iPad and iPod Touch. The box and arrow icon is displayed next to the navigation buttons in Safari.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password each time you open the app or switch out of the app and come back.
- If you desire, you can save the username and password to make this step easier and you're not worried about the little ones getting on your device to make changes.
- Open Chrome and load app.aerez.net
- Tap the menu button at the top right and select Add to homescreen
- The icon will appear on your home screen and you can move it around like you would any other app
- Other Android browsers like Firefox for Android also offer this feature.
- Aerēz will get its own entry in the app switcher